What are the steps I need to take to buy a gun online and have it shipped to me?
Are you a Federal Firearms License holder? Chances are you're not. That's what the following information is for - everyday regular gun buyers who will need their firearm(s) shipped to a local FFL for transfer.
1. Find your local FFL.
If this is your first time buying a gun online, you may not have a local FFL in mind at the time you are browsing for guns. To expedite the entire checkout process, you should find and contact an FFL that is close to you before you complete the checkout process. Use the FFL Dealer Network to find an FLL close to you. You can also just Google "FFL near me" with your zip code and a few should come up.
2. Confirm your FFL can do transfers.
Call your FFL of choice and ask explain that you are purchasing a firearm online from Mahindra Arms, and will need it to be shipped to them for transfer to you. Confirm that they are able to do this and then ask for their fees. Usually it's in the ballpark of $25 to $35. If you agree to their fees, then head onto step 3.
3. Have them send us a copy of their Federal Firearms License (FFL).
Provide your FFL of choice with our email: [email protected] and our phone number: (689) 203-0782 and request that they email us a copy of their Federal Firearms License (FFL). This is required as proof for shipping and we cannot ship to your FFL without this. We will be happy to provide your FFL of choice with a copy of our license at their written request by email.
4. We'll take care of the shipping.
Once we have received a copy of your FFL's license paperwork, we will ship the gun to them with your information inside via UPS Ground (unless other arrangements have been made prior to checkout). You will receive your tracking number via email. Once your firearm arrives, your FFL *should* contact you to let you know it has arrived and what day you can pick it up. If you haven't heard from them and you're worried - give them a call.
5. Arrange to pick up your firearm.
There is generally a 3-day wait time between the purchase date and the take home date for firearms, unless you have a concealed weapons permit/license for your state that allows you to take the gun home the same day as the purchase. Once you arrive at the FFL with your identification, they will run a background check and when it is approved you will pay their transfer fee and receive the firearm.
6. Contact us with any questions.
Do your happy dance and go be a responsible gun owner. If you encounter any problems during your transfer, feel free to reach out to us. If you have any questions about your firearm (how to clean it, take it apart, etc.), feel free to give us a call at (689) 203 0782 or shoot us (heh) an email: [email protected].
To which states can Mahindra Arms ship guns?
Mahindra Arms only ships firearms to Federal Firearms License (FFL) holders.
MAHINDRA ARMS does note ship prohibited packages outside the lower forty-eight states of the United States or to Massachusetts, Chicago, New York City, or any other area that is prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
MAHINDRA ARMS does ship to Illinois, New Jersey, and Connecticut when proper documentation is provided.
ALL FIREARMS MUST BE SHIPPED TO A VALID FEDERAL FIREARMS DEALER (FFL).
MAHINDRA ARMS complies with all federal, state, and local laws that restrict the sale and transfer of firearms, magazine feeding devices, ammo, and other prohibited products.
The following is a list of restrictions that will include, in some cases, policies set forth by MAHINDRA ARMS. It is YOUR responsibility to know your local and state laws which may prohibit or restrict your ability to purchase certain products that MAHINDRA ARMS offers for sale.
Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older. Not applicable for California (unless Law Enforcement) or Massachusetts.
- Alaska - No ammunition or primer shipments.
- Colorado - No mags over 15 rounds.
- Connecticut - No mags over 10 rounds. Certain firearms may be restricted.
- Hawaii - No pistol mags over 10 rounds. No ammunition or primer shipments.
- Illinois - Cook County (all cities): No guns, no mags.
- Maryland - Handguns must be on the Maryland Approved Handgun List. No mags over 10 rounds.
- New Jersey - No mags over 15 rounds. Certain semi-auto firearms may be restricted. Firearms/Ammunition Identification Card: A current, valid, & completely legible.
- New Jersey. Firearms/Ammunition Identification Card must accompany ammunition orders for the first time. Firearms/Ammunition ID cards can be submitted by email.
- New York - Only shipped to locations approved by state and local law. No mags over 10 rounds. All online ammunition sales must be shipped to a licensed dealer. Internet sales of ammunition are allowed, but the ammunition will have to be shipped to a FFL licensed dealer in New York State for pickup.
- Washington, DC - No guns. No mags over 10 rounds.
MAHINDRA ARMS does not ship to APO or PO Boxes.
NO WE CANNOT SHIP YOUR GUN TO YOUR HOME.
Do you sell ammo / ammunition?
At this time, Mahindra Arms does not sell or ship ammunition.
And when we do, the prohibited shipping address rules above will apply.